Online shopping is now a huge part of the new norm. More and more customers prefer to shop online because of convenience plus the larger selection of items they can choose from. However, there are still some folks who have a hard time figuring out if online shopping works for them. This is especially true for those who need to purchase home equipment such as hot water cylinders.
In most cases, buyers looking for hot water cylinders prefer to head over to their favourite shops to check their options. But, in truth, it’s very much possible to shop for such items online. And it’s quite simple to do so. Check out the short online shopping guide for hot water cylinders.
Buying trusted brands
The first thing you need to do when shopping online for specialised items such as heat pumps and hot water cylinders is to look for trusted brands.
Look for water heating equipment brands that are tried and tested by customers, that way you get the best value for your money. A good way to assess a brand’s credibility is doing a quick research online. Find out what customers say about them. Are they getting legitimate positive reviews? Do people say negative comments about the quality of their products.
Check their web presence too. The majority of established companies that offer hot water cylinders and other water pump equipment have a strong online presence both in their website and social media. They also provide detailed descriptions of their product features and even troubleshooting guides.
Some of the best water heating system brands in the market include:
Long standing reputation
Besides checking the brand of the product, you should also look at the credibility and reliability of the shop. Find out how fast can they deliver the product? Do they provide an installation service? How about their orders and returns policy? Have you heard of customers complaining about a product they received?
It’s also crucial to read a shop’s shipping policy. Find out how long it takes for the shop to deliver an item. Which couriers do they use? Do they have their own courier? Do they offer international shipping? Is it possible to track your order?
Make sure to check everything about the shop before you complete a transaction. This way, you can set your expectations and find a seller that can meet your demands.
What to look for when buying hot water cylinders online
Water cylinders and heating systems are considered as highly critical appliances used in homes. Choosing the right one can mean a lot for you and everyone else living in your house. So, here’s a quick breakdown of everything you need to consider when shopping for a hot water cylinder online:
- The cylinder’s water holding capacity – Typically, water heating cylinders can hold around 45 to 500 liters. There are also modern models that have a higher water holding capacity. When considering the water holding capacity of cylinder, you need to have a rough estimate of the peak water usage of your household.
- The energy source of the heater – Water heaters can either powered by electricity, solar power or gas. It can be expensive to switch from one power source to another, so you need to figure out which option works best for you before you shop.
- Drain valves – Check the product description to see whether the heating cylinder comes with brass or plastic drain valve. As much as possible, you should stay away plastic valves because they tend to wear out faster.
- Product warranty – Like in buying any product, you need to check the warranty period. In most cases, water heating cylinders come with product warranties lasting anywhere between 3 to 12 years.
- Main pressure vs Low pressure – Unvented or main pressure systems deliver hot or cold water to the outlets at a consistent pressure. Low pressure systems on one hand can come in two types. The first one makes use of pressure-reducing water valves to minimise the pressure coming from the main water source. The other one makes use gravity to feed water from the header tank to the storage water tank.
Top 5 Hot Water Cylinders in NZ
Rheem 160L Stellar Main Pressure Gas Hot Water Cylinder
If you are looking for a gas-powered water heating unit, the Rheem 160L Stellar is a good option. It can support peak water usage for around 3 to 6 people. It comes with 10-year product warranty plus 5-year labour warranty. The product is among the most efficient hot water cylinder in New Zealand as it comes with high flow rate. It works perfectly for one-bathroom homes with high to moderate water consumption.
Rinnai 180L Duplex Hot Water Cylinder
The Rinnai 180L 2KW duplex hot water cylinder is an electric-powered equipment. It’s also heat pump ready and made from premium quality stainless steel. It measures 550 mm x 1295 mm and can hold up to 180 litres. Additionally, it comes with a 2KW heating element.
Rheem 27 Continuous Flow Gas Heater
Need an economical gas heater? The Rheem 27 Continuous Flow Gas Heater is one of the finest options in the market. It is equipped with a digital display and an overheat protection system. You can either use LPG or natural gas to power the heating element of the equipment.
Green Glo Solar Ready Water Heating Cylinder
If you prefer using a solar-ready water heater cylinder, you can check out the Green Glo 180S. It has an enameled steel case and has a maximum heat exchange temperature of 95 degrees Celsius. The cylinder has a 520 mm diameter and 1660 mm height.
Dux Proflo 315L 3.6 KW Water Heating Cylinder
The Dux Proflo 315L cylinder is a versatile heating equipment that can be used in an outdoor or indoor setup. It comes with a 7-year product warranty plus 1-year labour warranty. It features a full flow water pressure system plus an enameled steel casing to ensure its durability.
Need to buy a water heating cylinder today? Get in touch with our team or check out our product catalogue for hot water cylinders in New Zealand. We offer an extensive selection of products that would fit your needs, plus we can also install the equipment upon your request.