Do you like what you see? This specific installation was done in the heart of Auckland for just over $ 2400. The lucky owner of this property wanted his internal hot water cylinder gone, to allow for more space so we simply relocated his new one outside the property. Taking advantage of our special Rheem month we were able to work out a great deal to achieve what you see in the photo here. We replaced an old Rheem 135 Low Pressure with a new external 300L Rheem optima mains pressure. All hot water pipes were also nicely insulated to ensure top level efficiencies and savings. In this case the electrician was the owners mate so we didn’t provide the electrical services. We often get asked how we achieve high quality installations at such great rates and the simple answer is, we are efficient, qualified hot water cylinder technicians and buy our products in Bulk. This month We have TOO MANY RHEEMS that MUST BE SOLD! So get in quickly and ask for your obligation free quote. Great rates for great products (made in New Zealand) only at www.hotwatercylinders.nz! Call us for other Rheem specials.
New Zealand weather is changing and temperatures are dropping. So it’s time to think about getting your water heater or central heating boiling system serviced.
Why should I get my water heater serviced?
- To ensure its operating safely > Regardless of system type you want to make sure that its safe! With gas water heaters our service consists of a comprehensive checklist some of which are the following: checking a gas leaks, ensuring the fan is operating correctly, making sure flue gasses (CO and carbon monoxide > combustion check) are in the correct range and not a threat to your family. We also check the appliance physically to ensure the flue is not blocked or leaking, remove cobwebs and give is proper clean from the affects of its natural surroundings. Electrical appliances are also checked for safety, ensuring all safety valves are operating within an acceptable range protecting your family from burst tanks, and scolding temperatures.
- To ensure its operating efficiently >> Another main component servicing your water heater and central heating boiler is make sure its working efficiently. Is it burning more gas than required? Is your power / gas bill to high? The way your appliance processes Energy is very important if left to run in-efficiently your tear and wear factor will increase making future repairs expensive and reducing the appliances life span!
I have only listed a few things that apply when we service your appliance. Our comprehensive check list will ensure that you can enjoy the upcoming winter days not having to worry about high power / gas bills knowing your appliance is running safe.
Here a range of appliances we can service:
- Electric Hot water cylinders
- Gas hot water cylinder
- Gas central heating boilers
- Commercial combi-central and domestic heating systems.
Hot water cylinder NZ specialise in how water heating appliance servicing. Whether gas or electrical, residential or commercial. Book yourself in and make sure you ready for winter!
Its amazing how many of these old Vulcan freeloaders are still around in the Auckland area! This particular one looks pretty bad so im amazed it’s been going for this long. Fortunately access is good and there is still enough hours in the day to replace it with a new Rheem Stellar. We looked at replacing the hot water cylinder with an instantaneous water heater but location and the existing gas pipe size made it very inconvenient and costly for the client. In regards to gas pipe sizing, the piping shall be of sufficient diameter diameter to ensure adequate gas supply to the gas appliance and the Rinnai would have required 200 MJ! Difference in price was $ 700. We are currently offering great gas conversion specials, if your interested checkout the website for specials of give us a call and we will be more than happy to find the right package for you!
For more information on repairing or replacing your Vulcan Freeloader, please visit VULCAN FREELOADER HELP
2 guys and 8 hours later this wetback installation was compete. Quick recovery time by having a wetback ready hot water cylinder just above the wetback.
Some Essentials in the design of the flow and return pipes when it comes to wetbacks:
- Pipes connecting the wetback and the storage vessel must have adequate rise and fall. This will allow convectional flow and prevent air locks. G12 AS1 states a minimum of 1 in 7 slope to ensure heat will transfer between wetback and storage heater by thermo siphon.
- Flow and return pipes should be in copper and generally be a minimum of 25mm diameter. AS/NZS 3500 part 4 section 7 includes a table to determine pipe size according to length of run. The open vent should be a minimum of 20 mm diameter.
- If the hot water cylinder is not positioned high enough above the heat source it is possible for reversed circulation to occur. Reversed circulation, also known as back circulation, takes place when heat is transferred from the water cylinder back to the heat source.
- The bottom of the water cylinder should be at least 300 mm above the heat source assuming the flow line is connected to a riser pipe or coil within the cylinder. If no riser is fitted a distance of at least 600 mm should be made between the two appliances.
To find out more about wetback and hot water cylinder regulations please visit our regulations page. If in doubt give us a ring and speak to a qualified technician 🙂
Its always frustrating when your hot water cylinder fails just after the warranty expires 🙁 Its rare but it happens, even to a Rheem! In most cases the problem relates back to the quality of water. Unless your hot water cylinder is made of stainless steal it will most likely incorporate a sacrificial anode. If you are on tank or bore water supply and have a mains pressure cylinder, you should regularly (every 2-5 years) have a service done. By servicing your hot water cylinder you can avoid a nasty leak in future caused by corrosion. In this instance we were able to offer our special like for like mains pressure hot water cylinder replacement for $ 1200 all including! Concerned your cylinder is suffering from corrosion? Better safe then sorry 🙂
Internal low pressure hot water cylinder system completely removed and relocated to the outside. This green glo is an external model designed to cope with exterior weather conditions. Designed with higher grade insulation and powder coated materials. Solar water heating was added to this installation ensuring maximum efficiencies. System design is indirect heating via an integrated heat exchanger. No power to get hot water on this installation! Also white UV tape was used to prevent breakdown of the insulation. Builder yet to build a structure surrounding the hot water cylinder to provide further protection. Great looking water cylinder installation guys well done!
We always try to push the boundaries here at hotwatercylinders.nz. This month with unbeatable low pressure hot water cylinder specials just click the link to view.
Our special offer of $999 includes everything required to get you back up and running. In New Zealand thousands of homes still maintain low pressure systems that are over 40 years old! If you have a high power bill it could well be that your thermostat is not working correctly allowing the element to heat much longer then actually required. As an example, if your thermostat is set to 60 degrees and the reading is not accurate your hot water cylinder will continue using power until boiling point, causing other issues within your hot water cylinder system.
Its very important to understand that 90% of time low pressure cylinders start leaking because of the lack of regular maintenance. if you don’t service your hot water cylinder the valves/thermostat will fail to their job and cause excessive temperatures that will in turn cause higher expansion and contraction levels, something most older models wont be comfortable with 🙂
Our maintenance cost is as low as $120 + GST, if its too late for maintenance our replacement cost including cylinder is $999 + GST.
Let us know if you have any questions..
Another successful installation in under 4 hours! This Rheem Steller is the most efficient hot water cylinder in New Zealand (as per Rheems statement). The Stellar does not require an electrical connection and will continue to provide hot water despite a power outage.Designed to be installed externally and out of the way it still offers a high flow rate making it ideal for homes with multiple bathrooms. Perfect for scenarios where two instant heaters have been specified due to lack of flow or hot water distance travel.
Changes to the certification of all gasfitting and all installation prescribed electrical work took effect from 1 July 2013. All Rheem Stellar products comply with legislative requirements.
For more information please visit the NZ Energy Safety website
Do you have a Vulcan Freeloader gas water heater? It amazes me how many of these gas hot water cylinders are installed in metropolitan areas despite the fact that we replace dozens every year. We repair an even larger amount every year.
If your vulcan freeloader has stopped working don’t panic you might not need a new one yet. Sometimes the flame can be smudged or the magnetic flame driven thermocouple can be worn out. Under such circumstances the cylinder can be revived. Generally if the freeloader is too old any repair is simply not economic and we recommend replacement. You can trust that newer models are much more efficient in gas usage, in retaining temperatures inside the tank and comply to all modern standards making sure you and your family remain safe.
There are several cost efficient options we can recommend depending on your circumstances. Whether your replacing your freeloader or needing a fix speak to New Zealand’s hot water cylinder specialists.
For more information on repairing or replacing your Vulcan Freeloader, please visit VULCAN FREELOADER HELP
The title to this blog are the words that were spoken when I picked up the phone. To make a bad situation worse it happened on the weekend. After a series of questions it was very obvious we had to get a technician to site. There are two things our costumers hate > 1 > not having hot water on the weekend and >> 2 >> the call out fee on the weekend.
Once the cover was removed the problem was quickly identified. Unfortunately this job required spare hot water cylinder parts not available from your “average” plumbing supplier. Back the following day to replace the faulty solar hot water cylinder. Due to the size of the job the call out fee was not charged and we were able to get the solar hot water up and running the same day 🙂 everyone happy again.